For the moments when champagne simply isn’t enough, champagne cocktails. Here’s a French 75.
- 1 lemon
- 50ml gin
- 25ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 100ml dry sparkling wine, I’d suggest either Moet or Prosecco, chilled
- using a small sharp knife, slice peel from lemon in long, thin spiral. set lemon aside for another use.
- In cocktail shaker, combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Strain into chilled Champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
- Curl lemon peel around finger to create twist at least 6 inches long. Garnish drink with twist and serve immediately.